Sunday 6 November 2011

My Reiki Journey–My First Treatment

Following on from my last post, Friday was the day of my first Reiki treatment experience.

To find out more about Lorraine Tricksey, and what she does, please visit her website at The Healing Garden Centre.

Lorraine, knowing my wish to learn Reiki myself, was very kind as to spend time with me to find out my current knowledge and experience of Reiki and to go on to explain more about it. So much of what she said made sense to me.

On arrival I was feeling a bit embarrassed that I actually knew very little about Reiki and yet here I was turning up to a treatment wanting to learn it. For anything else, I would have researched it within an inch of its life but I was turning up very unprepared. For some reason, it just hasn’t occurred to me to fully research Reiki – which sounds like madness considering it is something I have wanted to learn for so long. But Lorraine put me at ease immediately and assured me I wasn’t mad and her journey started off very similar to mine.

I did know that, for everyone that has a Reiki treatment, it is completely individual what that person experiences. It could be healing for the mind, body or spirit. Personally, I could probably do with all three so I was very eager to find out what would happen on my treatment.

I didn’t really know what to expect – maybe some feelings of warmth in the ‘problem’ places of my body but other than that, no idea.

Firstly, Lorraine used a Dowsing Crystal which she ran down the length of my body to see if there were particular areas that showed up as ‘needing attention’ more than others (she could probably put it a lot more eloquently than me). Straight away the vibrations were evident at the various chakra points in my body and I could, myself, see the crystal and chain tighten as if being pulled. She said that my intuition and my third eye were closed and the crystal was vibrating quite clearly at these areas around my head.

Following this initial reading of my body, all I then had to do was relax. Lorraine was very respectful to my levels of comfort, checking what I was comfortable with before proceeding with the healing. Lorraine started at my head and I instantly felt the heat but what surprised me was the colours I saw behind my eye lids. Having never particularly (knowingly) been aware of colours or auras, this took me by surprise. It started off a kind of turquoise colour and then turned slowly to bright green and almost yellow and took over the whole of the inside of my eyes. As Lorraine’s hands moved the colour reacted differently. Its hard to describe without drawing a picture. What it reminded me of, if you’ve ever played music through a Playstation, and you get that those patterns across your TV screen – it was like one of those. When Lorraione moved her hands away from my head and on to other areas of my body, the patterns started circling in one direction, then it would change and go the other way, next would be a circle that would pull into the centre into a dot. It was fascinating to watch. At one point I remember my eyes really start to flicker – a bit when you are watching someone going through REM sleep.

The place I felt the strongest reaction physically was in my back. Not a huge surprise as I have suffered with non-specific back pain for some time now and I am taking regular medication for but I did not tell Lorraine any of this. The feeling I  got when Lorraine was concentrating on this area was a bit like when I had my epidural when in labour with Callum, like a cool liquid was passing through my back in waves, yet Lorraine’s hands still felt hot (not warm, hot!).

After the treatment, Lorraine said she felt a lot around my stomach and chest perhaps in relation to anxiety and described it like bubbles as if releasing the bubbles of anxiety. It is not something I am aware of but it is not the first time I’ve been told this (with the same bubbles reference too). I wonder if it is largely more to do with my feelings as a child as there was a period when I was living on my nerves due to a bully friend and a bully cousin. I hadn’t thought about this at the time so not sure if this would still pick up from when I was a child. Otherwise, I would say any anxiety I feel now wasn’t anything more than the average person feels. She also mentioned a sensation like a heartbeat skipping a beat (my heart does actually do this) and said that the healing here is likely to be around emotion and feelings of the heart. This also linked in with the colour I was seeing as, apparently, green also relates to the heart and emotions.

She then questioned me about whether I suffered from problems with my hips – my back pain is in my hip area.

Lorraine is also a medium so often sees spirits around the table when healing. She informed me there are lots of people around me so she wondered whether I had known a lot of people that had passed over or whether they were there waiting for me to begin my Reiki path and they were there waiting to help me.

My instinct tells me that they are waiting for me to learn Reiki as, although there have been a few people in my life that have passed away, I would say the number is relatively few for my age. Also I have been told this before, that there are lots of people waiting for me to open my mind spiritually, and I have also been told I have a lot of people around me that I haven’t necessarily known well, if at all (like my Mum’s father who died when she was 3).

Lorraine didn’t tell me anything that surprised me which pleased me because she told me things I had been told before. When you go for a reading of some sort, there are so many charlatans out there, and we’ve all watched Derren Brown, that sometimes you just don’t know what’s true and what’s not. What Lorraine told me made a lot of sense to what I had already been told. It actually wasn’t Lorraine’s authenticity that was in question, I had a lot of faith in her but her reiterating what others had told me gave me confidence in those people I had seen previously.

We talked a lot and I could connect to so many of the things Lorraine talked about whether they were her own experiences, the way she explained what Reiki was to me or what she was aware of during my healing session.

She also told me something that I can’t quite connect to at the moment but it was so beautiful that I wanted to write it down to come back to later.

She saw a scene of me when I was about 6 years old where I was sitting on a swing in a green area with trees around that wasn’t completely rural but more like a garden. I was on my own but rather than feeling lonely I didn’t because I knew I wasn’t alone because there were spirits around me.

I am going to ask my mum if she remembers such a place where I might have been. She did say sometimes it is an event that has happened but other times it is symbolic or a metaphor, so it could be the latter.

Overall, my first step on my Reiki journey was a very enjoyable one and I am looking forward to the next step.

Recently, I have been having more and more unexplained experiences so I know I am slowly opening myself up again to my spiritual side. I am learning to relax about such experiences and instead of feelings of fear as I used to feel I am actually getting quite excited by them.

I am very excited to be starting my Reiki path and I hope you will join me as I will continue to blog my journey and I will share with you any more ‘experiences’ I may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment