Saturday 19 February 2011

Moving to the Seaside

So, we really are moving. We have a sign outside our house to prove it!!

I am really looking forward to it. I am looking at it as the next chapter to our lives. My only fear is maybe I'm a little bit too hopeful that it is going to change our lives. I want it to mean so much. To name a few:

  • Stuart gets a better work-life balance so he gets to spend more quality time with Callum - maybe even do some father-son stuff together.
  • Stuart and I get to spend more couple time together so we can focus on our relationship again - feel like it has been put on the back burner for a couple of years now.
  • Stuart and I can start going body-boarding properly rather than just an attempt when we go to Devon/Cornwall - I'll worry about fitting back into the wetsuit later...
  • Callum will get to grow up near the sea and beach
  • I can start horseriding
  • Going running along the beach
OK so that was more than a few. My fears:

  • I'm pinning too much hope on the hole move and I am going to be disappointed when things don't plan out how I hope.
I usually love change. I get so excited by it - its all new and its the mystery of what that change will hold and how it will shape your new life. However, I am starting to learn. Once the change actually happens, I am often disappointed that things aren't as great or exciting as I hoped.

  • Callum having to go to one nursery for 6 months, moving and going to a different for a bit and also thinking about applying for schools all around that time.
  • My career - will I find another job and one that I enjoy. How will this affect our family plans (did I just write that down? Family plans? More than the family we have? Have I really only had one glass of wine?). Will I have opportunity to throw myself into it as much as I hope I will.
  • Friends - the ones we leave behind, the ones we are yet to meet, the ones we wont meet
I guess all these fears are natural and only time will tell. We wont know until we try.

Following on from my last post - you will notice there is no mention of the acting. It appears I've moved on again from that for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment