Tuesday 5 February 2013

Dream: The Big Hairy Tarantula

Last night I had a vivid and rather interesting dream that I thought would be worth analysing.

I was looking at a plant of some sort. I think I was inside and there was a window behind the plant. I noticed some amazing webs attached to the plant. Really thick and large. Then I noticed a large black spider jumping into the centre of the plant.

I will point out at this point that I am not scared of house spiders though I am a little uncomfortable with particularly large spiders that jump – especially if they are funny colours. I would, however, like to hold a tarantula one day.

So, continuing with the dream. I was a little nervous of the large spider but also fascinated and wanted to watch and take a photo when I noticed that beneath it in the plant but clearly stalking the black spider was an even bigger and hairier orange and black tarantula. It was amazingly beautiful. It then pounced on the black spider to kill and eat it. Again, I wanted to get a photo and so stepped back to do so but then realised I needed to tell someone about this as it was dangerous.

Within the same room, which appeared to be in a kind of warehouse conversion, was a large double bed, which was my bed. Then behind the bed was a partition wall that only went halfway up to the ceiling. Behind that partition were government people in a kind of office set up.

I decided to tell the government people about this. They denied all knowledge and made out I had made it up and hadn’t seen it. They were covering it up. I went back to my room to tell the person who was there (can’t remember who they were now but think they were male, may have been my husband but can’t remember). As I was telling him, two different government agents came past and grabbed my hand and really hurt my palms as some kind of warning that I shouldn’t tell anyone about this spider.

I think I must have continued to investigate these spiders and found myself at the other end of the warehouse floor. At first, you couldn’t see anything but then my eyes caught the elaborate spider web construction that went from plants to lampshades and to a rotary washing line with clothes on. Again, this orange and black tarantula was there. I don’t think anyone else walking around could see it or the webs, which were really massive silk spun constructions.

I can’t remember too well what happened here but I returned to my bedroom where the other person was and I had loads of bleeding cuts down my legs as if I had scratched them on razor sharp plants and vegetation as if I’d been walking through a jungle (though I hadn’t but this is what I thought when I looked down at my legs and saw the cuts and blood).

***********************************

I’ll look at analysing it later, for now I just wanted to get it written down before I forgot it as I was already starting to forget bits.

If you like analysing dreams though and have any thoughts about it, I’d love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment