Thursday 1 December 2011

My Reiki Journey: Reiki Stage I

Today was my Reiki workshop to achieve my Reiki Stage I – which gives you the ability to self-heal and heal close “friends, family, pets, plants and all living things”.
The day was a nice and relaxed day with the morning spent reading about the history of Reiki, going through the 5 Principles of Reiki and the responsibilities that come from practising Reiki.
Then after lunch we went on to the practical of learning how to prepare and carry out a Reiki treatment on ourselves and on someone else.
First was the self healing steps which we must complete every day for the next 21 days. This takes us through a cleansing and healing period (which lasts 30 days inclusive of the above 21 days). We are encouraged to keep a journal during this 21 day period, which I will do (but will keep private), to record anything we feel or are aware of during these sessions.
Then we learnt the steps of carrying out a healing on someone else using each other for practise – I was delighted to be getting the chance to have another Reiki healing treatment. I was the healee first while my fellow student went through the steps then we swapped over.
After this we received our Attunement which opens the healing energy flow allowing us to become a channel for Reiki healing for ourselves and others.
Finally we were presented with our certificates.
Obviously the above is very simplified and just a brief overview – the actual workshop was a lot more informative with Lorraine sharing her own experiences, her personal methods and her beliefs to support what we were learning. It was nice being a relaxed session where we could all share and talk about our personal experiences.
My next steps:
  1. Complete the 21 days of self healing
  2. I would like to read some books on Reiki to broaden my knowledge
  3. Buy some crystals. I keep going into shops, feeling overwhelmed then walking out but I have seen in my mind the type of crystal I need first and will just go with my instinct on the others, as recommended by Lorraine (or use my newly purchased dowsing crystal)
  4. Attend a Reiki share (Monday)
  5. Practice Reiki on myself and others and hopefully book on the next stage course in the new year
The things that ‘concern’ me from this list is taking the time (about 20 minutes preferably) to meditate and complete the 21 days of self-healing. With a 3 year old about it is unlikely I’ll be able to do it during the days (except when he is in nursery) and so I have to make a conscious effort to do so in the evening after dinner – I find it all too easy to slob in front of the tv and switch off from the world (or I just get addicted to Twitter for the evening!).
I am also a little concerned about what I might have to face during my self-healing and cleansing phase. I’m pretty sure there are going to be a number of things from my past which I am going to be made to face. I know it is for my own good so I can move on – but knowing this is different to doing it and I know its not going to be easy. I think I am strong enough and ready to do it though. Keeping the journal will probably help.

No comments:

Post a Comment