Saturday 31 December 2011

2012 is MY year!

I’ve been told that 2012 will be ‘MY’ year! Its all going to happen for me in 2012 apparently and I can well believe it already. We are buying a house which should go through within the first few months and then the ‘plan’ is to have another baby (eek!). Maybe I’ll even get a job too! Or win the lottery – either will be welcomed…or both!

The last 2 or even 3 years have been hard work. Mainly with Stuart’s work – he does work so hard and such long hours. Hopefully, this year will show it all paying off to his benefit and he’ll be able to reap the reward for the previous years which, of course, will mean I benefit too. He really deserves to get all he has been striving for so I hope  he does get it.

Callum is really becoming a lovely little boy (with the odd challenging moment that even the most well behaved boys have from time to time). I’m genuinely looking forward to seeing how much he will grow and learn in the next year. I feel like we are on the edge of a pivotal moment with him at the moment. He has already changed and learnt so much in the last 6 months but he is at the stage where he wants to learn more. He wont go to school until September 2013 and, at the moment, that seems about right for him as he still seems a long way from ready (plus I’m thrilled to not be panicking right now about finding a suitable school and getting into the one we want).

Of course, its the Olympics this next year too. I’m gutted to not have tickets to go and see anything. To have the opportunity to be part of the event, to be there watching when it is in your own country. I might not ever get the chance again. Maybe an opportunity will present itself within the year. Still, its an exciting thing to happen to the country and I hope we pull it off and make the country proud.

I am also going into the year with just the one NY resolution. I think its the way forward. Instead of a list of many, focus all your energy in to just the one and making sure you stick to it. Much better to be proud of achieving one than to fail at many! So, this is it:

“To have a date night once a month with Stuart”

We had a similar one the year after Callum was born and stuck to it. It really made a difference but since then, too much of life has got in the way. One big event after another of someone else’s birthday or this or that has meant our priorities have been focused away from us as a couple and as a family and instead onto others. This has meant we have sacrificed our own relationship at times. I think it is so important to make time for each other and to still ‘date’. Its too easy to get caught up with life, drift apart and realise you’ve just become friends instead of husband and wife or, worse, you are just co-existing in each others company. I’ve seen it happen to so many friends and, if I’m honest, I have felt like this at times in the past year. Moving to Bournemouth has helped to change that already and now 2012 is to focus on each other again, to remind ourselves what it is we love about each other, to move into the next stage of our lives together as one not two separate entities. I know, if we achieve the above, it will make all the difference to our relationship.

Its a great to be able to start a new year in such a positive light. Just because I’ve been told it is going to be a good year I already believe it and want to make it so.

So, because it has helped me, 2012 is going to be your year too! Go forth and make it so!

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment